Scientific Centers of San Vito al Tagliamento (PN) and Pasian di Prato (UD)
Center of San Vito al Tagliamento
The Center of San Vito al Tagliamento was acknowledged as a Regional Center of Medea Scientific Institute in 1998.
The Institute focuses on two main research areas:
- neurolinguistics, with special attention to language disorders and powered by neuroimaging
- developmental neuropsychology and neuromodulation, studying the principles and outcomes of neuropsychological rehabilitation through neurophysiological and psycho-physical techniques.
The Center of San Vito al Tagliamento also hosts a Rehabilitaton Center of La Nostra Famiglia Association. It is a health facility accredited by the National and Regional Service.
The Rehabilitation Center offers diagnostic services in the following areas:
- child and adolescent neuropsychiatry
- child neurophysiopathology
- clinical psychology
Rehabilitation treatments are performed:
- physiotherapy and hydrokinesitherapy
- neuro-psychomotricity in developmental age
- speech therapy
- occupational therapy
- neurovisual re-education
- neuropsychological re-education
- psycho-educational and psycho-pedagogic intervention
Several professionals are involved in treatment and rehabilitation activities: doctors (child and adolescent neuropsychiatrists, physiatrists, neurologist, psychiatrist, otorhinolaringoiatrists), graduated technicians (psychologists, social assistants), rehabilitation and healthcare professionals (physiotherapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, neuro-psychomotricity in developmental age, neurophysiopathology technicians, professional educators, nurses).
A therapeutic pool is available for rehabilitation treatments in developmental age. The swimming pool can also be accessed by adult people and it is available for the rehabilitation of orthopedic and neurological pathologies, acute and chronic. The team is composed of physiotherapists and physiatrists, as well as swimming instructors.
Developmental age (0-17 y.o.) is the main target of La Nostra Famiglia; we take care of the following pathologies:
- Cerebral palsy
- Neuromuscolar pathologies
- Outcome of brain injury, bone marrow and CNS malignancies
- Psychomotor delay
- Cognitive delay
- Relationship and behavioral disorders
- Pervasive developmental disorders
- Speech and learning disorders
- Neurosensory disorders
The Rehabilitation Center includes a specialized Nursery school and a public Primary school. They welcome children attending the day care center, allowing both an intensive rehabilitation program an educational/didactic guidance.
Professional training is also available; the courses are accredited by Friuli Venezia Giulia region.
Center of Pasian di Prato
The Center of Pasian di Prato was acknowledged as a Regional Center of Scientific Institute Medea in 1998.
The Center focuses on different research areas:
- neuropsychology and neuropsychological rehabilitation, powered by neuroimaging
- psychopathology and neurodevelopmental disorders, with a special focus on autism studies and research on developmental neuropsychology.
- clinical and rehabilitative area, with special attention to ophtalmology and pediatric neuro-ophtalmology.
Since 1984 the facility of Pasian di Prato operates as a Rehabilitation Center of Associazione La Nostra Famiglia. It is a healthcare facility accredited by the Regional Health Service and it focuses on the functional recovery of patients in developmental age. It provides diagnostic and rehabilitation services, offering multidisciplinary pathways that allow a global taking charge of the patient. We offer both outpatient services and day care center.
The center of Pasian di Prato is a regional reference center for Low Vision. ENT services are provided by the center of San Vito al Tagliamento (PN).
The Center deals with functional diagnosis and rehabilitation of the following neuromotor and neuropsychical pathologies in developmental age:
- malformative syndromes
- cerebral palsy
- intellectual disability
- autism spectrum disorder
- genetic or metabolic encephalopathies
- acquired encephalopathies
- speech disorders
- learning disabilities
- emotional and relationship disorders
The Center provides rehabilitation treatments in the following areas:
- neuropsychomotricity in developmental age
- speech therapy
- neuropsychological rehabilitation
- occupational therapy
- neuro-visual rehabilitation
- psychoeducational treatment
A therapeutic pool is available for rehabilitation treatments in developmental age. The swimming pool can also be accessed by adult people and it is available for the rehabilitation of orthopedic and neurological pathologies, acute and chronic. The team is composed of physiotherapists and physiatrists.
The team is composed of several professionals: doctors (child neuropsychiatrists, physiatrists, neurologists, psychiatrists, ophtalmologists), graduate technicians (psychologists, neuropsychologists, social worker, software engineer), rehabilitation professionals (physiotherapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, neuropsychomotor therapists, optometrists, professional educators), healthcare workers (nurses, care technicians).