The "Eugenio Medea" Institute is a Scientific Institute for Research, Hospitalization and Health Care.
It was officially recognized in 1985 and it specializes in neurological and neuropsychological diseases of the developmental age, focusing on research, treatment and training.
It is the research section of Associazione La Nostra Famiglia, a non-profit organization founded in 1946 which is dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of people with disabilities, in particular children and young adults.
The Institute has 4 branches in Italy:
- Bosisio Parini - Lombardy (Headquarters)
- Conegliano and Pieve di Soligo - Veneto
- San Vito al Tagliamento and Pasian di Prato - Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Brindisi - Puglia
Institute Medea aims at creating synergies between scientific research and hospitalization and care in order to promote the dignity and the quality of life of our young patients and their families. This goal can be achieved through very specific and specialized rehabilitation interventions for people with disabilities, especially in developmental age.
The main features of the Institute include:
- the largest amount of clinical cases treated in Italy in the context of neurological and neuropsychological disabilities in the developmental age;
- the wide network of Associazione La Nostra Famiglia rehabilitation centers;
- the multidisciplinary approach of our specialists and professionals;
- the advanced technological equipment in the diagnostic and therapeutic fields;
- the high standard of hospitalization and care environments;
- the close connection between our centers in relation to guidelines and clinical protocols.