Dott. Cosimo Urgesi
Psychologist, Senior Researcher
+39 0432 24988
The aim of the research group in Clinical Neuropsychology is to study, using neurophysiological and psychophysics methods the bases and outcomes of neuropsychological rehabilitation. >To this aim, we have standardized in Italian Language an international neuropsychological battery for the evaluation of children aged 3-16 years (NEPSY-II, Giunti OS) and we have been running validation studies of the battery in clinical populations (e.g., preterm children,, epilepsy, autism, anorexia nervosa). We have also established a Laboratory of Magnetic Brain Stimulation, in collaboration with the University of Udine, the hospital Gervasutta, Udine. The laboratory is dedicated to basic and clinical research studies of the neural underpinnings of body and action representations and the alterations of social perception in psychiatric disorders, to the study of the neurophysiological bases of motor learning and of the interindividual differences in personality traits.
- Cazzato V, Makris S, Urgesi C. (2017). Cathodal transcranial direct current stimulation of the extrastriate visual cortex modulates implicit anti-fat bias in male, but not female, participants. Neuroscience. Epub 2017 Jul 14.
- Rosenqvist J, Lahti-Nuuttila P, Urgesi C, Holdnack J, Kemp SL, Laasonen M. (2017). Neurocognitive Functions in 3- to 15-Year-Old Children: An International Comparison. J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 23(4):367-380.
- Di Lieto MC, Brovedani P, Pecini C, Chilosi AM, Belmonti V, Fabbro F, Urgesi C, Fiori S, Guzzetta A, Perazza S, Sicola E, Cioni G. (2017). Spastic diplegia in preterm-born children: Executive function impairment and neuroanatomical correlates. Res Dev Disabil. 61:116-126.
- Amoruso L, Finisguerra A, Urgesi C. (2016). Tracking the Time Course of Top-Down Contextual Effects on Motor Responses during Action Comprehension. J Neurosci 36(46):11590-11600.
- Mele S, Cazzato V, Di Taranto F, Maestro S, Fabbro F, Muratori F, Urgesi C. Altered exposure-related reshaping of body appreciation in adolescent patients with anorexia nervosa. Body Image. 19:113-121.
- Vicario CM, Makris S, Urgesi C. (2016). Do experts see it in slow motion? Altered timing of action simulation uncovers domain-specific perceptual processing in expert athletes. Psychol Res. 2016 Sep 7.
- Cazzato V, Mele S, Urgesi C. (2016). Different contributions of visual and motor brain areas during liking judgments of same- and different-gender bodies. Brain Res. 1646:98-108.
- Urgesi C, Mattiassi AD, Buiatti T, Marini A., Tell it to a child! A brain stimulation study of the role of left inferior frontal gyrus in emotion regulation during storytelling. Neuroimage. 136:26-36
- Amoruso L, Urgesi C. 2016. Contextual modulation of motor resonance during the observation of everyday actions. Neuroimage. 134:74-84.
- Amoruso L, Urgesi C. 2016. Familiarity modulates motor activation while observing other species' actions: A magnetic stimulation study. Eur J Neurosci. 43(6):765-72.
- Kirsch LP, Urgesi C, Cross ES. 2016. The shaping and reshaping of the aesthetic brain: Emerging perspectives on the neurobiology of embodied aesthetics. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 62:56-68.
- Cazzato V, Mian E, Mele S, Tognana G, Todisco P, Urgesi C. 2016. The effects of body exposure on self-body image and esthetic appreciation in anorexia nervosa. Exp Brain Res. 234(3):695-709.
- Zilli T, Zanini S, Conte S, Borgatti R, Urgesi C. 2015. Neuropsychological assessment of children with epilepsy and average intelligence using NEPSY II. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 37(10):1036-51.
- Urgesi C. 2015. Multiple Perspectives on Body Image Research. Body Image, 20 (1) 1-5.
- Makris S, Urgesi C. 2015. Neural underpinnings of superior action prediction abilities in soccer players. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 10(3):342-51.
- Cazzato V, Mian E, Serino A, Mele S, Urgesi C. 2015. Distinct contributions of extrastriate body area and temporoparietal junction in perceiving one's own and others' body. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci.15(1):211-28.
- Urgesi C, Candidi M, Avenanti A. 2014. Neuroanatomical substrates of action perception and understanding: an anatomic likelihood estimation meta-analysis of lesion-symptom mapping studies in brain injured patients. Front Hum Neurosci. 8:344.
- Mele S, Mattiassi AD, Urgesi C. 2014. Unconscious Processing of Body Actions Primes Subsequent Action Perception but Not Motor Execution. J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform. 40(5):1940-62.
- Mattiassi AD, Mele S, Ticini LF, Urgesi C. 2014. Conscious and Unconscious Representations of Observed Actions in the Human Motor System. J Cogn Neurosci. 26(9):2028-41.
- Cazzato V, Mele S, Urgesi C. 2014. Gender differences in the neural underpinning of perceiving and appreciating the beauty of the body. Behav Brain Res. 264C:188-196.
- Mele S, Cazzato V, Urgesi C. 2013. The importance of perceptual experience in the esthetic appreciation of the body. PLoS One. 8(12):e81378.
- Urgesi C, Fornasari L, Canalaz F, Perini L, Cremaschi S, Faleschini L, Thyrion EZ, Zuliani M, Balestrieri M, Fabbro F, Brambilla P. 2014. Impaired configural body processing in anorexia nervosa: Evidence from the body inversion effect. Br J Psychol. 105(4):486-508.
- Crescentini C, Fabbro F, Urgesi C. 2014. Mental Spatial Transformations of Objects and Bodies: Different Developmental Trajectories in Children From 7 to 11 Years of Age. Dev Psychol. 50(2):370-83.
- Campanella F, Fabbro F, Urgesi C. 2013. Cognitive and anatomical underpinnings of the conceptual knowledge for common objects and familiar people: a repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation study. PLoS One. 8(5):e64596.
- Calderoni S, Muratori F, Leggero C, Narzisi A, Apicella F, Balottin U, Carigi T, Maestro S, Fabbro F, Urgesi C. 2013. Neuropsychological functioning in children and adolescents with restrictive-type anorexia nervosa: An in-depth investigation with NEPSY-II. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 35:167-79.
- Tomeo E, Cesari P, Aglioti SM, Urgesi C. 2013. Fooling the Kickers but not the Goalkeepers: Behavioral and Neurophysiological Correlates of Fake Action Detection in Soccer. Cereb Cortex. 23(11):2765-78.
- Narzisi A, Muratori F, Calderoni S, Fabbro F, Urgesi C. 2012. Neuropsychological Profile in High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders. J Autism Dev Disord. 43(8):1895-909
- Marini A, Urgesi C. 2012. Please get to the point! A cortical correlate of linguistic informativeness. J Cogn Neurosci. 24:2211-22.
- Cazzato V, Siega S, Urgesi C. 2012. "What women like": influence of motion and form on esthetic body perception. Front Psychol. 3:235.
- Urgesi C, Romanò M, Fornasari L, Brambilla P, Fabbro F. 2012. Investigating the development of temperament and character in school-aged children using a self-report measure. Compr Psychiatry. 53:875-83.
- Urgesi C, Fornasari L Perini L, Canalaz F, Cremaschi S, Faleschini L, Balestrieri M, Fabbro F, Aglioti SM, Brambilla P. 2012. Visual body perception in anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 45:501-11.
- Urgesi C, Savonitto M, Fabbro F, Aglioti S. 2012. Long-and short-term plastic modeling of action prediction abilities in volleyball. Psychol Res. 76:540-62.
- Urgesi C, Fornasari L, De Faccio S, Perini L, Mattiussi E, Ciano R, Balestrieri M, Fabbro F, Brambilla P. 2011. Body schema and self-representation in patients with bulimia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 44:238-48.
- Fondazione IRCCS Stella Maris (Prof. Filippo Muratori)
- Helsinki University (Dott.ssa Johanna Rosenqvist)