Dott.ssa Martina Manzoni
+39 031 877845
Although body representation disturbances are one of the central core symptoms of Eating Disorders (EDs), however, neuro-functional underpinnings of such difficulties have not been fully elucidated yet. Furthermore, atypical body representation in EDs is very multifaceted, and while several studies have extensively investigated body image disturbances (i.e. conscious perceptual, semantic–affective representations of the body), only a few studies specifically studied body schema (i.e. functional, sensorimotor representations of body and space for action). According to some recent hypotheses in the field of motor cognition body schema is essentially motor in nature, and it has its own repertoire of high-level motor functions. We study body schema in EDs in this promising perspective, in order to better elucidate the very multifaceted nature of this atypical representation, and propose new rehabilitation tools.
Experimental techniques: psychometric, behavioral and kinematic measurements, functional magnetic resonance.
- Campione GC, Mansi GL, Fumagalli B, Sottocornola S, Fumagalli A, Molteni M, Micali N (2017). Motor-Based Bodily Self is Selectively Impaired in Eating Disorders. PlosOne,12(11):e0187342.
- Brown M, Robinson L, Campione GC, Wuensch K, Hildebrandt T, Micali N. (2017). Intolerance of Uncertainty in Eating Disorders: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. European Eating Disorders Review, 25(5):329-343.
- Mansi GL, Campione GC, Fumagalli A (2017). Le alterazioni del vissuto corporeo. Prospettive di ricerca e cliniche. In “Mente coatta, corporeità, anoressia mentale. Paradigmi e percorsi di cura”. Luigi Enrico Zappa, Ed. Milano: Franco Angeli.
- Campione GC, Piazza C, Villa L, Molteni M (2016). Three-dimensional kinematic analysis of prehension movements in young children with autism spectrum disorder: new insights on motor impairment. J Autism Dev Disord, Febr: 1-15.
- Ferri F, Busiello M, Campione GC, De Stefani E, Innocenti A, Romani GL, Costantini M, Gentilucci M (2014). The eye contact effect in request and emblematic hand gestures. Eur J Neurosci, 39(5):841-51.
- Campione GC, De Stefani E, Innocenti A, De Marco D, Gough PM, Buccino G, Gentilucci M (2014). Does comprehension of symbolic gestures and corresponding-in-meaning words make use of motor simulation? Behav Brain Res, 259:297-301.
- Gough PM, Campione GC, Buccino G (2013). Fine-tuned modulation of the motor system by adjectives expressing positive and negative properties. Brain Lang, 125(1):54-9.
- Innocenti A, De Stefani E, Bernardi NF, Campione GC, Gentilucci M (2012). Gaze direction and request gesture in social interactions. PLoS One, 7(5):e36390.
- Gentilucci M, Campione GC, De Stefani E, Innocenti A (2012). Is the coupled control of hand and mouth postures precursor of reciprocal relations between gestures and words? Behav Brain Res, 233(1):130-40.
- De Stefani E, Innocenti A, Bernardi NF, Campione GC, Gentilucci M (2012). The bottle and the glass say to me: "pour!". Exp Brain Res, 218(4):539-49.
- Gentilucci M, Gianelli C, Campione GC, Ferri F (2012). Intersubjectivity and embodied communication systems. Cognitive Semiotics, 4(1): 125-138.
- Gentilucci M, Campione GC (2012). From action to speech. In “Language and action in cognitive neuroscience”, Yann Coello and Angela Bartolo, Eds. Psychology Press.
- Campione GC, Gentilucci M. (2011). Is the observation of the human kinematics sufficient to activate imitation of transitive actions? Behav Brain Res, 225(1):201-208.
- Viviani P, Figliozzi F, Campione GC, Laquaniti F (2011). Detecting temporal reversals in human locomotion. Exp Brain Res, 214: 93-103.
- Gentilucci M, Campione GC (2011). Do postures of distal effectors affect the control of actions of other distal effectors? Evidence for a system of interaction between hand and mouth. PlosOne, 6(5): e19793.
- Ferri F, Campione GC, Dalla Volta R, Gianelli C, Gentilucci M (2011). Social intention and social request: how they affect the kinematic of motor sequences during interaction between conspecifics. PlosOne, 6(1): e15855.
- Ferri F, Campione GC, Dalla Volta R, Gianelli C, Gentilucci M (2010). To you or to me: when the self is advantaged. Exp Brain Res, 203: 637-646.
- Campione GC, Gentilucci M (2010). Covert imitation of transitive actions activates effector-independent motor representations affecting "motor" knowledge of target-object properties. Behav Brain Res, 207: 343-352.
- Gentilucci M, Campione GC, Dalla Volta R, Bernardis P (2009). The observation of manual grasp actions affects the control of speech: a combined behavioral and transcranial magnetic stimulation study. Neuropsychologia, I7: 3190-3202.
- Prof.ssa Nadia Micali, Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.